September 14, 2012

Gash-Barka region: Farmers called upon to sustain hard work till the end of harvest

Gash-Barka region: Farmers called upon to sustain hard work till the end of harvest

Barentu, 14 September 2012 – Sub-zonal Administrators and agriculture experts in Gash-Barka region called on farmers to sustain hard work till the end of harvest.

They made the call at a meeting conducted in Barentu town during which the registered amount of rainfall in Shambuko, Laelai-Gash, Tesenei and Goluj sub-zones was described impressive.

It was noted in the meeting that 90% of the total 210,000 hectares that have been cultivated with sorghum, while the rest 10% comprises oil crops such as sesame. The meeting further pointed out that grasslands have flourished well, besides the ample water reserve which all micro-dams have impounded.

Stating that no instance of pests was observed in the region, the agriculture experts explained that such accomplishment could be registered in rain-fed farming thanks to the timely and integrated endeavors farmers had demonstrated.

Mr. Mohammed Hamd, Administrator of Gash-Barka region, called on agriculture experts to reinforce their extension endeavors and the inhabitants to further enhance participation in soil and water conservation undertakings. He also said that the regional Administration would collaborate with them.

Eritrea participate at The Red Sea nations...

Switzerland partners with UNDP to support Eritrea...

العربية للطيران تضيف “ارتيريا” إلى...

Foreign Minister Outlines Eritrea’s Achievement...

ENT Diagnostic and Operation Centre Inaugurates

“Eritrea’s Anti-Corruption Experience” ...